A Leader in Project Management and Support
Capital Electric is a leader in providing commercial, industrial, and institutional customers with commercial lighting systems and electrical distribution apparatus (switchgear) products, project management and support services.
Regardless of the project size, Capital Electric offers best in class services and support for project management. We will help your project team complete projects in a timely and profitable basis through our partnerships with premier suppliers and their technical teams, strong technical expertise of our trained product specialists, our use of state-of-the-art product innovations and related support tools and our logistics capabilities.
Access to Premier Suppliers and Technical Support
Capital Electric does business with thousands of vendors and has product stocking relationships with over 600 of the most recognizable suppliers of lighting systems, electrical distribution apparatus products and related materials.
Having access to these suppliers and their products is just the first step. We ensure these products are technically supported, whether it be during the design, approval, or buildout phases of any project by assisting architects and engineers with specification information and product functionality. We also work with contractors to provide assistance while installing or starting-up the products.
Project Management Services
The success of a project, regardless of size, is directly tied to job planning and ongoing management. Our staff of experienced project managers works closely with your team from start to finish. These services include:
- Submittal completion - Once the job is awarded, detailed submittals must be completed that are tied to the approved project architectural plans. These submittals provide information about the products on the plan. The review and approval of these submittals ensures that the order is correct. These submittals are updated to include any product changes (adds, deletes, or modifications) during the project.
- Detailed ship schedules - Ensure that products are ordered on a timely basis with estimated lead times and delivery dates
- Ongoing project management - Tracks shipments to make sure the right products are shipped on-time, arrive undamaged, and are billed properly according to project requirements.
- Risk planning - In the event that a product does arrive late or damaged, our systems and processes are designed to mitigate these risks and to get the project back on-track according to schedule. Effective communication is always the key.
- Project closeout support - At the customer's request, we create post-job operations and maintenance manuals.
- Equipment storage and staging - We are able to help you reduce costs of the following: receiving material, filing freight claims for damaged material, re-ordering and storing material prior to installation.
Logistics and Other Services
Capital Electric provides a full range of logistics and other services which support your project including, but not limited to:
- Access to over $60M of in-stock electrical material ready for delivery on a moment notice
- Wire cutting and wire paralleling services
- Pre-fabrication and other special application product services
- Design and build assistance
- Layout assistance
Learn more about how your estimators, project managers, field engineers, and purchasing agents can use the Capital Electric’s digital solutions to reduce errors, improve productivity, and streamline the ordering of job material.
What Makes Us Unique?
We always understand you and your needs. Capital Electric has been in business for 90 years, and in 2000 we became a member of Sonepar, an independent family-owned company with global market leadership in B-to-B distribution of electrical products and related services. We are committed to best in class customer services and always providing our customers with leading products and solutions.
Need Help with a Commercial Project?
If you are an existing customer, contact your specific account rep for more information. If you are a new customer for Capital Electric, please contact us at email@example.com.